Mazars is excited to join the 2021 edition of EDHEC’s DataViz Challenge in partnership with Tableau and UNICEF. This data visualisation contest is the 1st in Europe, allowing students from the best universities across the continent to demonstrate their critical thinking skills, develop their employability and use data for good.
How does it work?
The contest is open to all students studying in a European university. Your task?
Use UNICEF’s open data to extract great insights, package a beautiful dataviz and contribute to its mission: promoting the rights of every child.
1) Use UNICEF's public databases, available here. You can also enrich your data visualisation with these additional data sets.
2) Choose your theme: inequalities in access to education, child malnutrition by gender, HIV transmission in different parts of the world... the choice is yours.
3) Tell us the story behind the data collected: what are the findings, the repercussions, the points of attention, the levers identified?
4) Download your free Tableau License, create and submit your data visualisation before 21 May 2021.
What’s in it for you?
- Meet and learn from other students across Europe
- The top 10 students will receive tickets to attend VivaTech Conference (Europe’s biggest tech and startup event)
- Top 3 finalists will receive a coaching session with Mazars to help prepare future applications and interviews, as well as a 6-hour AI-training programme combined with an exchange with a Mazars AI expert.
- The winner will win an interview for a paid internship at UNICEF’s New York HQ
- And a number of tech prizes are also up for grabs!
What’s the timing?
- Submit your visualisation by 21 May 2021
- Top 10 finalists will be announced by jury on 28 May 2021
- 18 June 2021: the grand final! Top 10 to pitch their idea before the jury for a chance to win.