Originally set up in 1988, the Independent Audit department uses the programs and technical know-how of its global partner, Mazars, in carrying out its operations.
Mazars Denge is licensed in Turkey by the PCAOB (Public Company Accounting Oversight Board), the organization that authorizes external audit companies to carry out audits of public companies in the United States under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Audits meet International Auditing Criteria and include all procedures deemed necessary for verifying the accuracy of accounting records.
How Mazars Denge Services Are Distinct:
• Mazars Denge’s insurance team is among Turkey’s top teams in terms of expertise in the field. Those who join the Mazars Denge team after having first worked
as independent auditors and then in the insurance industry provide Mazars Denge with a valuable and uncommon perspective.
• The audit/tax hybrid team project, successfully implemented at Mazars Denge, has resulted in increased efficiency and higher quality in tax and independent auditing.
Range of services
Our audits are conducted in accordance with the International Standards on Auditing and include such tests of accounting records and other auditing procedures as we consider necessary in the circumstances. Services include...
- Auditing of financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Capital Markets Board of Turkey (SPK) regulations, Banking Regulatory and Supervision Agency (BDDK) regulations, energy market legislation, regulations of the Insurance Supervisory Board of the Undersecretariat of the Treasury, Turkish procedural tax laws, US GAAP and other country-specific accounting principles such as German GAAP, Italian GAAP, French GAAP, etc.
- Restatement of financial statements in line with various accounting principles like IFRS, USGAAP, German GAAP, French GAAP and establishment of financial reporting structures accordingly.
- Conversion of TL financial statements into foreign-currency financial statements (functional or reporting currency) in conformity with IFRS.
- Preparation of vendor and buyer due diligence reports for company mergers and acquisitions
- Assisting firms with valuing and accounting for their assets in the context of transactions and complex operations
- Preparation of compliance reports for meeting contract conditions and financial covenants during the loan utilization process.
- Performance of fraud audits
- Corporate finance supporting services
- Performing other special purpose audits and consultancy services
- SPK (Capital Markets Board of Turkey)
- EPDK (Energy Market Regulatory Authority)
- Insurance Supervisory Board of the Undersecretariat of the Treasury
- BDDK (Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency)
- On the short list of World Bank and IFC Projects
Mazars in Turkey - Netherland Desk
Mazars established the Turkish Desk to develop the relations between Turkey and Netherlands. Experts in Turkey’s market, economy and legal regime, the Turkish Desk consultants are, moreover, familiar with Turkish traditions and practices and can speak both Dutch and Turkish. We can advise on and provide support for a wide range of issues, including accountancy, tax issues, outsourcing, legal issues and transaction services, for both Dutch firms with investments in Turkey and Turkish firms who want to establish offices in the Netherlands. Collaboration with the Mazars offices in Turkey is optimal, guided by the international one team approach. For more information about the Turkish Desk, contact Gokhan Almaci Audit Partner by phone ( +90 212 288 72 22) or Volkan Anli in Amsterdam by phone on +31 (0)20 20 60 430. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org